Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Vomit everywhere

Vomit...we've been cleaning this up all over our house!  Why you ask...

1. Well Graycie has been having a VERY hard time adjusting to the fact that there is a new man of the house - and all of our attention is shifted there.  She has been a walking puke machine....it's awful.  Breaks my heart to see her so stressed out!  :(  We've been trying to show her attention, but apparently that hasn't been enough.  Please pray that she pulls through this, and adjusts to having Brody here!  In the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions on cleaning cat puke?  Resolve just isn't cutting it anymore.....

2. Back to the doctor we go....Brody has been so uncomfortable - nothing we do helps him! :(  He doesn't really cry, but just fusses and spits up a lot.  Thought maybe he had a cold, but found out at the doctor today that he has acid reflex.  Ahhh our poor little guy hasn't felt good since he was born!  They gave us some meds (omeprazole) - and it kills me to think he is 3 weeks old and is already on more meds, but we really need him to get better.  The doctor thought that the acid reflex was probably brought on from him being on c-pap.  Having that much oxygen / pressure going down his little throat caused his sphincter muscle to weaken; causing him to spit up.

THEN if that's not bad enough - the doctor also found that he has a yeast infection (thus, I have a yeast infection)....so the two of us are on meds to help get rid of that.  She said that was brought on from him being on antibiotics - and then because I'm nursing, he passed it to me.  I got super sad because that meant all the milk I have pumped / stored needs to be dumped, so I was an emotional mess yesterday watching my 60oz of milk go down the drain.  We also had to (and have to) sterilize EVERYTHING that comes in contact with B's mouth - so LOTs of dishes and laundry happening in this house!

So yeah - rough couple of days in our house.  We both just feel so bad there isn't more we can do to help Brody; praying this medicine kicks in fast, and we can see our little man relax and get some sleep!  In the mean time - I apologize if I haven't been responding or getting back to people...we have gotten 0 sleep, and most of our time is spent trying to console / calm Brody as best we can!  Hopefully the Sodahl house gets caught up and back to 100%!!  Praying that by the time Brody is 1 month old, he feels great and is a healthy little guy :)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Poor Graycie. Poor Brody. And poor mom and dad! My mom swears by Spot Shot. I just do a half-hearted job cleaning cat puke/spit-up/marker stains and just accept that we'll have the have the carpets cleaned or replaced when any kids we have are grown.

I wish I had an answer for Graycie and Brody. They are both so lucky to have a great home with loving parents!

Mondells in Minneapolis said...

Oh No - Poor Graycie! I am sure she will eventually adjust, I am worried about the same thing happening in our house soon :( I hope lil Mr Brody starts feeling good soon so mom and dad can feel better too!!

Take Care Guys!
Kellie & Clint