Ross and I slept at home last night, so we came back to the hospital
around 10 this am. We were praying Brody
wouldn’t be hooked back up to the oxygen AND….he wasn’t!! They even removed the machine from his room –
YAY!!!
Brody and I attempted breastfeeding again – and we were finally
successful! I knew he could do it! He still has to stay on the schedule where he eats every 3 hours, so we usually don't have time for him to get all that he needs from breastfeeding (his stamina isn't quite there yet, so he falls asleep half way through) - so we do what we can, and then they supplement him the portion he still needs through the tube in his nose. We are making progress though!!
We lost out room tonight, so now I’m shacking up with my little
man! Hopefully sleeping here tonight
gives me an opportunity to breastfeed every time he is awake! I just hope I can get some sleep with the nurses coming in and out!
Brody passed his hearing test this afternoon, and the doctor saw us
again and said he was doing awesome. She
said he does have a big hurdle to get over before they would let us take him
home, but we appreciate that. We don’t
want to take him home before he is ready.
We just need to get the breastfeeding thing down – then he has to get
the tube out of his nose – and start gaining weight; and they will let us take
our little guy home! Hoping that’s
sometime next weekend….??

No comments:
Post a Comment