I shacked up with Brody last night – and got a total of 3 hours of
sleep….haha. I know this is typical for
a new momma, but man I wish we were at home instead. Mr. Brody was awake from 2am – 5:45am and
momma tried everything to get her little guy to sleep….it was really fun though
(for real – I enjoyed my time with him) to cuddle and see how alert he
was. He loves the sound of my voice, so
I was singing him songs we listened to in the womb and he would calm right down….However,
last night made for a VERY tired Brody and mommy today!
We tried breastfeeding every 3 hours, but we didn’t have much
success. He was able to latch on, but he
just kept getting so tired…he would fall asleep every time and I couldn’t do
anything to wake him up. He had another
bath today – my first time! He is such a
chill kid..barely cried! He also got his
Hep B shot….this is how tired he was today – they gave him a shot while he was
sleeping…he screamed for 2 seconds and then fell straight back asleep!
Other than that – it was fun to hang with my B man all day. He did a lot of sleeping today. He is still recovering…very evident because
most newborns will be WIDE awake when they get hungry – and Brody slept through
2 of his feeding times today. A little
frustrating for mom – because we need to get through 2 solid days of Brody
taking all his food by mouth (not the tube) before we can go home…and when he
sleeps through meal time OR doesn’t breastfeed his full amount – we have to
start all over again.
Have to stay patient and know Brody is getting stronger every day. I’m heading home tonight to get some sleep,
and we are going to have the nurses gave B a bottle of breast milk for his
night time feedings….see how he does with that.
Hard decision for mom, but might be the right combination to get us home
AND then we can try to focus on building up his stamina for breastfeeding. Ahhh parent decisions already….


No comments:
Post a Comment