These two studs did just about anything they could to be roomies!! My college roomie, Kimmy, was due 3 weeks after me - and she went a week early, I was a week late, and we were still in the hospital when her baby boy was born yesterday!! She literally birthed him right down the hall from us, so I was able to go visit her before her contractions started getting too bad! Don't we have a couple of cuties?!
I was laughing cause someone asked me what I did today....well, let's see...I breastfed, pumped, held Brody. changed Brody, and repeated for the majority of the day J. I did drive my car for the first time in 13 days...that's kind of a big deal -- hehe!
I hope you can tell I'm in a better mood today....and that's cause I’m refreshed!! Sleeping at
home was just what I needed! B had a
good night – AND he took a bottle (finished 50 of the 60ml he needed). However he slept through 2 of his feedings –
so good thing mom didn’t stay overnight BUT that means those two feedings they
had to tube in.
Met with the doctor this am, and she switched Brody to “cue based feedings” – YAY!! Now instead of waking him up every 3 hours and making him eat, we wait until he cues that he is hungry – and feed him then (aka like a typical newborn). We have from 12pm-midnight to get in 220ml…I’m praying he can do it!! It's 9:15 right now and he has 47ml to go. I just hope he doesn't sleep straight through till midnight....ahhhh....talk about stressful breastfeeding!! He has been doing great though - so if he needs a little more time, that works for us. We are just so anxious to get our little man home!!


1 comment:
Things are looking really good. So fun to see him making such progress!!
Dad
Post a Comment