Thursday, January 3, 2013

1 Week Old!

Happy 1 week Birthday little man!!  Brody has such a great night last night!!!  They switched his rooms at 11 to give him some more peace and quiet – and he actually slept from 11-2am; so YAY little guy!!  I totally overslept my 5am feeding, so I think I’m a little more drained than I thought….the nurses had to call me and I panicked and ran down there!  It’s so good to see him improving….even little by little…it’s something!

They lowered his oxygen to 3 liters today at 2pm – YAY!!!  Go little man go!!!  He was consistently at about 26% today, so that's awesome!!

Talked to the doctor again and he said they are going to run a heart echo test tomorrow – so PLEASE pray that comes back with no heart murmur!  It’s a routine test they run for babies in the same situation – but hopefully B won’t have that to worry about too!  They put him on both potassium and sodium supplements; not really a huge deal but both of his levels were a little low.

Mr. feisty pulled out his mouth IV today – and I thought I was going to lose it L.  I look over when I heard this gagging sound, and I saw our little man with the IV in his hand.  He pulled the whole thing out!!  The nurse had to wait till he calmed down a little before she could reinsert it…ahhhh never knew I could love someone this much.  Then when I was holding him – he was very unsettled and all of a sudden had projectile vomit.  It went EVERYWHERE…nurse said it was probably from having to reinsert the tube!  Poor little guy.

Typical Sodahl…our little man took such a huge dump today that he woke himself up!  I couldn’t stop laughing….I must love this little boy, cause even his poops makes me smile! J
I also got to hold him exactly 1 week after his birth.  Very emotional moment for momma…I just kept looking at him and giving him little kisses.  This week has been wonderful and hard all at the same time – but looking back at how sick and uncomfortable he was last week at this time; he really has come a long way!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love your updates. Please keep them coming until life gets too crazy! And hopefully that means you get to take little man home! I'm thinking of you guys so much, Lis. Give him a million tiny kisses every chance you get!!

Anonymous said...

Dale sent your blog a couple days ago so have been keeping up. Lots of prayers and thoughts coming your way. Keep up the good work, Baby B. Love, Barbara J