Back to the doctor we go...UGH! Brody still hasn't been improving, so I brought him back to the doctor today. They increased his acid reflex medicine, so he now is on twice as much. Basically the doctor said that if this doesn't work - then we should try formula for a couple of days and see if it could be my breast milk. AND if that's not the case, then basically we just keep B on the acid reflex medicine and just have to wait it out....poor guy!! I just hope he can overcome this and soon - he is just so uncomfortable!
AND more crap news....our yeast infection is still here and causing momma some pain!! SO now we are treating it with "Gentian Violet" - aka purple stain awfulness!! We had to spread this purple stuff all over B's mouth and my lady friends. This stuff is so messy - it stains clothing...(aka everything it comes in contact with!) Also, makes for a messy looking boy. It's been really fun trying to keep his little hands out of his mouth!!....BUT hopefully it works!! We have to put another dose on Friday - and then it should be cleared up after that! Again - keeping our fingers crossed!!!
We headed over to G-rents house tonight, so Gma N-Ron could get some quality Brody time. She wasn't as nervous as I was with the purpleness, but she was bummed out I didn't dress him in a cuter outfit..haha. I couldn't risk ruining one of his cutie outfits!!

1 comment:
For what it's worth, switching from nursing to soy formula made a big difference to us. It didn't make biological sense to me, but for some reason the formula sat better with her. And she could fill up for once without getting a tummy ache. I'm a big advocate of breastfeeing but now I'm also a big advocate of doing whatever makes everyone comfortable!
Post a Comment