And the last bit of good news came tonight at 10pm – we got the results
back from his heart echo test (they ran tests this afternoon to see if he had a
heart murmur and if the vessels in his heart were fully developed); and he
passed!! They said everything looked
great and normal – so now we just have to be patient as they continue to wean
him off the oxygen and he learns to breastfeed.
Friday, January 4, 2013
My mouth is FREE!!!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today was the best day yet for little Brody. He got bumped down to 2 on his oxygen at 7am –
and by 10am he was at 1!!!! He was
consistently at 24% at 1 liter of pressure…I can’t believe how far he has come
in the last 2 days!! They even had him
at “normal air” for 45 minutes tonight, and he did great. He is so strong!!!
T hey took out the line in his mouth – WOOT WOOT!! I saw him for 2 minutes today with NOTHING on
his face – ahhh he is so cute!! I just
wanted to smother his face with kisses.
He LOVES not having that line down his throat. They did put a line through his nose down to
his tummy, but it’s so much better than having it in his mouth! However, he did NOT like getting that put
in. It just about broke my heart hearing
him cry when they put that in.
Because his mouth is free we tried a little breastfeeding today. I don’t think the timing was right though –
cause we tried it RIGHT after he got the line in his nose; so he was not in the
best of moods. Let’s just say there was
a time where he turned purple from crying so hard, and momma started crying
herself L. He did finally latch on, but by that time he
was so exhausted he just fell asleep, so we’ll have to wait till he gets some
more rest before we try that again. They
moved us into a “feeder” room in NICU – and Brody has a big boy crib now. He also gets to wear clothes; so it’s almost
like he isn’t even sick anymore!
Daddy and I went out to dinner (yes, I finally left the hospital) to
celebrate our little man! We hadn’t
taken the time to fully “enjoy” the fact that he is finally here and that we
are parents; so it was fun to get out and look at how far Brody has come in
just a week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great news, I can't wait to hold him!!
Dibs on holding him first!!!
Grandpa Dale
Post a Comment