Saturday, January 5, 2013

Oxygen no more!

And Brody had an even better day!!!  He is such a champ!!  He has been off oxygen for 2 hours tonight, and has been doing AWESOME on his own.  I can’t believe it….3 days ago he was at 4 liters – and today he is just breathing like a normal baby!  Ross and I are sitting here praying he continues to hold his own!

I slept at home last night (so hard to leave our little guy); but it was nice to get some sleep in our bed.  Graycie was excited to have us both back….and I didn’t feel super guilty because I had built up enough supply of breast milk to feed Brody while I was home.  Today we tried to breastfeed a couple times….once Brody latched but fell asleep and the other time we tried he gave me the lock jaw….haha.  But B loves his paci – so we just have to find a way to have him not panic when faced with working for his meal. J  He was a pretty tired boy today, so we’ll see how we do tomorrow.  It was a big day for our little man.

Brody is also done taking lasik – the doctor said he had lost enough fluid so another thing to check off the list!  He weighs 7lbs 7oz now, so our little man is growing all big and strong!
 
As I sit here tonight I just feel so blessed.  I keep staring at our son and I smile.  He has come such a long way since he was born.  Everyone’s prayers and thoughts have helped him so much, so thank you from the bottom of my heart.  This little boy is my entire world; funny how quickly life changes.  I would take sitting in this hospital every single day holding him over anything….well besides sitting at home holding him J (but that will come soon enough).  I just pray he continues to get stronger and stronger.  Love you B!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!!!! He is a fighter! SO CUTE! He will be home in no time!

Teri and Jim