Wednesday, January 9, 2013

NO MORE TUBES!!!

Came back to the hospital this am at 10, and B man was sleeping.  He had such a great night with bottle feeding – woot woot!!  By 12pm we had gone over our “cue based feeding” minimum (he consumed 230ml), so momma was super excited!!  They pulled out his FINAL tube, so his face is TUBE FREE!!  He was so excited – now he has nothing to tug on with his little fingers!

The doctor came in around 12pm – and delivered the best news I’ve heard in my entire life…Brody can go HOME TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I didn’t believe her – I was in shock!  Did she just say my little man could come home?!  I called Ross instantly and told him the awesome news!!  We both kinda sat there in shock….here I thought he had a week left – ahhh I’m so excited!!!  The rest of the day was kinda a blur, because all I could think of was “Brody is coming home…Brody is coming home!”  I asked the nurses every single question I could possibly think of…they have been so great!  It was hard leaving tonight, knowing these women have touched our lives in more ways than they can imagine….they took care of our little boy when we couldn’t!  AND now it’s finally our turn to bring our little snuggle bug home and love him to pieces!!

Thanks again for all the prayers – God listened!!  J  We couldn’t have made it here without all the support from the people we love.  Everyone has been so amazing – and the Sodahls thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!  BRODY IS COMING HOME!!!  (I’m so wired…I hope I can sleep tonight!)

No comments: