Today is the day that Brody comes home!!!! These last 2 weeks have been the longest 2 weeks of my life…but the day is finally here!! Brody had a rough start to the morning…I got here and he was all smiles (I swear he is smiling at me…), but he had his circumcision at 7am. I left the room – and tried really hard to not cry. I came back 20 minutes later to a VERY unhappy little man. He was numbed for the procedure, but they had him in restrains and he HATED that….so let’s just say my next 4 hours were trying to console my little baby. It was awful – I felt so bad. I was bawling…I hate seeing my little one in pain. Welcome to motherhood right!!
After I got him calmed down a little, the First Day Photo photographer came
– and we attempted some pictures with little Brody. He was NOT having it…BUT they ended up
actually getting some really cutie pictures of him.
We got discharged at 12pm – and have been all smiles since then!! We put Brody in his car seat – and he fell right asleep! He has had a long day already!! We put him in the car – and I rode in the back with him. Played him his favorite song (that we listened to every am on the way to work) – and he just slept the whole way home!! We got home – and what a surreal moment. I just started crying watching Ross carry him into our house…I’ve been waiting so long for this moment!!
We introduced Brody to Graycie – haha – she was not interested in the
slightest. She sniffed him a little and
then kept her distance. Since Brody was
still sleeping – we decided to take a nap as a family. We put him in the pack n play – and we
cuddled around him. Ahhh he is
here!!! We spent the rest of the night
putting him in cutie clothes…his swing…his bouncer…ahhh I still can’t believe
he is home!! I just want to cuddle him
and give him kisses everywhere!! This is
the best moment of my entire life…besides marrying his daddy! J
SODAHL LOCKDOWN: Ross and I decided to lock ourselves in our house with our family for the next 3 days! We hope no one takes this personally, but the doctor recommend it and we loved the idea! We have been waiting so long for our little man - and we want him to have our full attention!! We won't have our cells on (well, unless we have questions on how to raise our little man!)....we aren't going to take any visitors....and we won't be online! We are so excited for everyone to meet him - and we know everyone has been patient; but we really want some alone time before Brody meets the world :) Thanks again for all your prayers and thoughts - it really helped us get to today, and we love you all!!!

1 comment:
Congratulations, we are so happy he is home now. God Bless!
Mom and Dad
Post a Comment