YAY!! Today is such a special day for my little one!! It was such a perfect day; for such a perfect little man!!
My parents bought his cutie little baptismal outfit, and we got these awesome shoes from Ross's parents friends; I thought they were very perfect for the occasion!
We headed to St. Hubert's for Palm Sunday mass at 10:30 - and our entire family came to celebrate!! Brody is loved by many!! Brody slept through mass - and had lots of little girls admiring him!! (so funny how much little kids love babies!)
The baptism service followed the mass and Deacon Tim presided; he also did our wedding, so it was awesome to have someone we like so much do B's baptism! Brody was a great sport all day!! He was getting hungry right in the middle of the baptism (of course), but he only fussed for a little bit!! Even when he was baptized he didn't make a peep...and that water was cold!! Such a special and awesome moment watching Ross hold him and have the water be poured on his little head! The two loves of my life...hard to not tear up :)
Godparents Stacy and Tim lit the candle - and the Deacon pointed out that we should use that candle to light each of Brody's birthday candles AND then when he gets married we can use that to light the unity candle....I, of course, will be doing this!! :)
Brody got anointed and smelt like pine needles for the rest of the day! haha It was such a special service and it really touched my heart! Made me think of my grandparents who started this all! I know they were there in spirit!!
Everyone came back to our house for lunch! I fed Brody quick - and then we joined the party! My mom made this awesome cake (Brody is so lucky to have such a creative/patient gma) - as you can tell, he was "ready to dig in" :)
Then we passed the "boy of the hour" around for family pics - and opened up some gifts! I had made "coloring pages" (took pictures of Brody with his cousins and made them into pencil art) for the little girls to color for Brody's scrapbook; so they were busy color those for him!
Thanks for everyone for coming and celebrating with us!! It was a very special day; Ross, Brody, and myself are very blessed!! I kept looking around and smiling, because I have dreamt of this moment for a long time. I have been to a lot of baptisms, but never my own child. I will always hold today close to my heart!! God was so nice to bless us with this sweet/perfect little boy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment