Here B is all ready for daycare!
Ross came back home to do "drop off" duty - and I was a mess! I wasn't ready to say goodbye to my little man! I ran through his diaper bag, instructions, and gave him a million kisses - and then off they went! I sat in my car (in our garage) just bawling. I kept looking in the mirror and was just crushed when I didn't see his little face staring back at me! (that has become my favorite thing when we are in the car!) As I started to drive away - I started crying harder...our song came on (the song we listened to every day on the way to work when I was pregnant). Then I started thinking this was the first time in a YEAR I'm going to be away from my everything!!....ahhhhhhh For real - how am I going to make it through this day!!!
Ross called me as soon as he had left Brody - and was shocked at his own tears from dropping him off!! That made me cry even more!!! (good thing I had made it to work so I could sit in the parking lot and just cry!) I finally pulled myself together and went in!
The day went by VERY fast - which was just what I needed. My co-workers were awesome and wasted no time getting me up to speed. I told them I had to be productive and start right away - or else I would run out the door and go do what I really wanted to be doing! Pumping went great....and I managed to NOT call daycare once! I figured if I did - and heard him - I would have to see him, so I focused on work and then RAN out the door at 3pm.
As I was walking into daycare I felt nervous!! It was so weird! I was so excited to see him, but it was like I was watching someone else. As soon as I walked in and saw him in the swing - smiling away - I lost it again! He isn't supposed to be at someone else house...he is supposed to be at our house!! I ran over to him and gave him a million kisses!! This little 3-yr-old said "how come you are giving him so many kisses?!" I said "cause I love him so much!" She answers "well my mom loves me and doesn't kiss me that much!" I started laughing and crying harder!! haha totally judged by a 3-yr-old!!
He was a rock star at daycare though - so that's great!! I'm glad he is happy!! He ate great, pooped great, slept great (as a sick baby can...). I managed to get all his notes, but wanted to bolt from there and get our play on!!
We headed home (which is less than 1 mile away!), ate, and headed to the doctor. B woke up with red/hot ears this am, and when we called the doctor they said to bring him to make sure it wasn't RSV. It wasn't; thank goodness!! Just has a nasty cold....hopefully it will be over soon!!! Then we came home and B wanted to sleep....but mom wanted to play!! haha Compromised by taking a nap together. Rough day for the Sodahl Fam - but we made it!! It can only get easier, right?!

No comments:
Post a Comment