Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Day 5: We ARCH so glad we came to Utah!!!

Got up early today, ate bfast on the road, and went straight to Arches so we could beat the heat!!! The drive into the park was AMAZEBALLS!!!  Just so surreal!!!  The red rocks WOW!!!

We stopped to check out ‘Balanced Rock’ – so crazy this rock is the size of 3 school buses!!  So BIG!!!

It was nice that there was no one around either!!  I love going on vaca this time of the year – too bad this is our last year since HS captain practices start early Augsut
 
We just couldn’t get over how cool this park is!!!


We got watered up and decided to do the landscape arch trail.

It was the most perfect day – sure HOT HOT HOT – but gorgeous!!!

We were laughing cause good old ChatGPT told me this trail was “wheelchair accessible” in case my knee locked up, BUT it failed to say it was 3 miles in desert heat hahahaha  Please let me make it 😊

Made it to our first big arch – Landscape Arch!!!

WOW!!!!

Mission Impossible style :)

I stayed in the shade to read my book and the boys went climbing!!!

See Rossy WAY up there hahaha

A little old lady passed me and said “are those your 3 mtn goats” hahahah  of course they are!!!

Oh Lord – please be careful!!!

I can think of worse places to be “stuck” reading a book!!!

I just love the peace and quiet when you hike – I legit saw a total of 2 other people and it was just so heavenly sitting there!!

Then all of a sudden I saw my “mountain goats” hahahah

Love my ARCH-venture crew :)

Next up, Pine Tree Arch!!

Good place to hide out in the shade for a bit!!!

On the way back, we stopped at Tunnel Arch.

Then off to play at Sand Dune Arch!!

Slot canyon fun!!!

Can't even see Evan - he blends right in!!!

On our way back out of the park, Rossy found an off roading road -- guess we are checking it out hahah

Closest I'll get to Delicate Arch -- so cool!!!!

Just looks fake!!!

Listened to Bing Bong and took in the beauty of the park - so beaUTAHiful!!!

We got a pic by the NP sign before we left!!!

We stopped at Milt's for lunch -- yummy burger and shakes!!!

Poor Bubba -- Ro ran into the grocery store for more water bottles and Evan looked at me in the car and said "Mom, I don't feel good" -- he was dripping in sweat and white as a ghost.  I made him come sit in front seat with AC blasting him, but he puked :(  I think he got heat exhaustion - poor little dudde!!!

B/Dad took naps and Reva/I played some games while he sipped on water.  He is back to himself - thank you Jesus!!

After the boys woke up, we went and swam -- for the rest of the afternoon!!!  We ended up hiking 5 miles this morning hahahah  Thank God my knee held out!!!

We made up some street corn tacos - yummy!!!

Then after dindin, the boys were feeling good so off we went to off roading place for some mountain biking!!!  I dropped the boys off at the top of the trail and then drove/park at the bottom to meet them!!!

Falcon Flow Trail - have fun boys!!

Nice spot for some reading :)

Ross said the trail was rough and hard!!  We didn't have any service so I had no idea how long it was going to take!!

I enjoyed the pretty sunset but as the sun was setting, I got more nervous, and realized I was sitting in the middle of nowhere - no service - and no way to know when the boys were going to be done!!

The boys enjoyed the sunset too :)

Meanwhile, I was starting to panic hahahah

Then they FINALLY came back!!!  Rossy was smart enough to bring headlamps, so glad they made it back safe and sound!!!

Got back to camp around 9:30 - whew what a day!!  We all crashed!!!

No comments: