Saturday, August 15, 2026

Day 2: Colorado bound!!

Woke up at 7, heated up some bfast sandwiches, and boys opened up their road trip gift (2 DVDs and cereal). We were on the road by 7:30!!

Here was our campsite :)

We crossed into Nebraska at 11 and time for another road trip gift – pee bags and jolly ranchers.


Then I started blogging and listening to audio book with Ro as we drove through the middle of no where!!

Another road trip gift – fun drinks and dill pickle peanuts!!!  Made lunch quick at the gas station (egg salad and salami sandwiches) and then we hit the road again!!

Eh where are we?! A dirt road for 30 miles – why sure hahahah

I distracted Ross with one of my girly audiobooks but he got bored after an hour hahahahah  No wonder he hasn’t finished a book in like 20 years.

Around 2, we crossed into Colorado!!!  Oh mtns how I’ve missed you!!!

At 4, we got to our campsite – Jackson Lake State Park!!

It was a sweet spot – right on the lake (aka reservoir). 

It was super low but the boys didn’t care – that just means they had more sand to play in!!!

It was pouring when we got here – so we hid in the camper playing games and reading!!  Then the boys went out swimming and I finished my book!!!

Dinner was beef stroganoff and brussels!!  Yummy!!  That’s always s staple meal on the first leg of trip cause we freeze it and quick and filling meal!!

Boys swam the rest of the evening and Ro and I just relaxed!!  We heart vacation!!!

We all crashed around 10!!

No comments: