Sunday, August 16, 2026

Day 3: We CANYON believe these GORGEous views!!!

Woke up at 7, heated up some bfast burritos, handed out road trip gift (DVDs and mints), and we hit the road by 8!!!


Since this trip seemed impossible this year, it gave me an idea of our trip theme - MISSION IMPOSSIBLE :)

Fun state park!!

We have a 6 hour drive today so I kept the road trip gifts coming 😊  Gummy bears and DVDS – even the one that symbolize our trip hahaha

We drove right through the town of South Park, so we stopped to check it out and get some ice cream!!  Cute little town with nice people!!

I made lunch in the camper before we started driving again – love myself the rocky mtns!!

Next road trip gift – sunflower seeds and beef sticks!!

We pulled into our campground – Black Canyon RV Campground – around 3pm!!  Pretty sweet with the mtns in the background!!!

I forgot a road trip gift yesterday so as we were packing up dinner for tonight – the boys opened it before we left!!  CORN NUTS!!!

Then we drove 30 min to check out Black Canyon of Gunnison NP – I had never heard of it before and we were shocked at how cool it was!!!  Worth the stop!!!

Maybe it was because we got there at 4:30pm on a Sunday but it was DEAD – heavenly for us!!!

Stopped in the visitor center for my stamp, sticker, and xmas ornament 😊  Then started checking out the overlooks!!!

WOW!!!  Just WOW!!!





Had to get my new NP sticker IN it's NP!!!  #27!!

Pictures don’t do this place justice – it was super cool!!!

Of course, I was on repeat saying “please be careful, don’t go that close to the edge, come on please move back” but outside of that it was amazing hahaha

We stopped at al the overlooks on the south rim drive – we were bummed because the east portal rd was still closed from the landslide back in July so we couldn’t get to the bottom

We found a rock flicking us off hahaha

Painted wall – looks like a skeleton riding a horse!!!

Painted wall overlook was pretty cool!!!


Dragon point – see them on the wall?!  What a cool spot!!  We decided we’ll come back her for our dinner/sunset!!!

I read while the boys hiked Warner Point.  It was only 1.6 miles roundtrip but I didn’t want to push my knee so I just took in the views 😊

Can you see Rossy over there on the point hahahah

They had a great hike!!!

Then we headed back to Dragon Point to eat dinner and watch the sunset!!  It was beautiful!!!  

Perfect spot for dinner with my crew!!!


The boys were making fun of all my pics but I love my sunsets!!!

Perfection!!!  So glad we stopped here!!!

MY HAPPY PLACE!!!

Got back to camp around 9:30 – unpacked, packed, and hit the hay around 10:30!!!

No comments: