Talked with the doctor today and she told me to eliminate dairy from Brody's diet for a week. She said the milk allergy could go either way...she wouldn't be surprised if he was allergic to it because of the reaction he has had since we switched him to whole milk; but she also wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't allergic to it being that I've never had to restrict my dairy intake the whole time I was BF & he has been able to eat other dairy products just fine. SO no dairy for a week...then intro yogurt that next week, cheese the next, and then milk. Fingers crossed he just had a bad bug and the milk on top of not feeling good was the cause of the puking!
At least he isn't freaking out when I give him a bottle of my breast milk anymore (thank goodness I had stuff in the freezer!)...but he isn't really "drinking" much of it yet. He is feeling better though - so hopefully the rest of this week he gets back to being "Brody" :)



No comments:
Post a Comment